Eswatini College of Technology
Eswatini College of Technology (ECOT) is an institution of higher learning under the Ministry of Education and Training in Swaziland. ECOT is a government entity that maintains its position as the principal institution of higher learning in technical plus vocational education and training. ECOT was established as a Trade School in 1946 with two instructors offerring carpentry and building. In the 1960's it was changed to Swaziland Industrial Training Institute with the provision of craft course. In 1974, the name of the institution was once again changed to Eswatini College of Technology.
By 2018 ECOT shall be a leading university of technology renowned for its excellence in quality and marketable products.
ECOT is a committed market leader in the advancement of technology, scientific, commercial education and training through research and development in collaboration with critical stakeholders regionally and internationally.
VALUES AND ATTITUDE
- Excellence: We are committed to creativity and innovation; strive to produce the highest quality outcomes in all endeavours.
- Professionalism: Evidenced based training and service provision in accordance with the legislative framework and guided by ethical principles and related professional disciplines.
- Integrity and Transparency: Through academic freedom, responsibility and ethical behaviour.
- Teamwork: Recognizes the inherent dignity of each member of the University community and treats everyone with respect. Our actions are guided by fairness and honesty.
- Learning: We engage in collaborative education that is career-oriented, balancing theory and practice, emphasizing active learning, developing critical learning and fostering responsibility and the desire for long pursuit of knowledge.
FACULTIES AND QUALIFICATIONS OFFERED1. Faculty of Building and Civil Engineering
- Diploma in Civil Engineering
- Diploma in Quantity Surveying
- Diploma in Architectural Technology
- Diploma in Building Studies
- Diploma in Land Surveying and Mapping
- Diploma in Computer Science
- Diploma in Information Technology (Part Time)
- National Diploma in Machenical Engineering
- National Diploma in Automotive Engineering
- National Diploma in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- National Diploma in Telecommunication and Electronics Engineering
- Secondary Teacher’s Diploma (Commercial)
- Secondary Teacher’s Diploma (Information & Communication Technology)
- Secondary Teacher’s Diploma (Design & Technology)
- Vocational Instructor’s Diploma - Part time (2 Years)
- Diploma in Human Resource Management
- Diploma in Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Diploma in Office Management and Technology
- Intake only done in August
- All Diploma programmes are 3 years
- Qualifying and accepted students are granted Gorvenment Scholarship
Applications open in February and closes end of March for the August intake.